A warm, concentrated and racy vintage.
The dry and warm terroir of this parcel gives us concentrated and racy grapes. The small yields allow us to produce an exceptional cuvée, with great depth and a lot of personality.
Etiau, the old name of the village where our estate is located, comes from the word Estivali, which means summer. It was the perfect name for this cuvée, whose terroir immediately takes us into its singular universe, which strangely reminds us of the hot and dry landscape of the South of France. This vintage, rich and concentrated, reveals notes of ripe black fruits. We decided to mature it in barrels of 2 to 3 wines, to make sure to keep all the personality of this unique cuvée. With a very nice length in the mouth and a rich aromatic palette, it is a powerful and bewitching wine that will keep for many years to come.
Prelude of Cabernets 2020
- Year : 2020
- Region : Maine et Loire
- Classifications: AOP Anjou Rouge
- Alcohol content: 12%.
- Grape variety : Cabernet Sauvignon
- Soil : Gravelly-stony soils on sandy silt.
- Subsoil :Shale alteration
- Age of the vine : 25 years
- Manual harvesting
- Maceration for 30 days
- No winding up or punching down
- Spontaneous fermentation
- Ageing in Burgundy barrels of 2 to 3 wines for 12 months.
- No filtration